Friday, November 18, 2011

Native American Tilda-Happy Fall Y'All

Happy TGIF my precious Blog Buddies,

     I am so thrilled it's Friday!  I am beat! However, never too beat to do a Maggie (lol).  I finally finished Native American Tilda.  I think the Teepee was the easiest of everything else I had to do on the card, mahn this one was a lil' time consuming.   It was fun but I'm glad I'm done.  I'm ready to move on to challenges and Christmas! Don't you just love this time of the year?  It really gets your creative imagination going.  There are so  many cards I want to do, not sure I'll have time though.  Some how I've got to work my family in there (he-he-he).    Well on to Tilda...Gosh y'all,  I forgot to write down most of the supplies I used but I'll tell you what I can remember.  I worked on this for about week (off and on).  The leaves and tree branches-Tim Holtz die, colouring-Copics (who else? lol), the plain card stock is Bazzill and Tim Holtz (T.H. cardstock matches his distress inks can be found at JoAnns for anyone who didn't know that). Okay, what else did I use (tapping my chin)???  hmmmm... the log is a Magnolia accessory. The Teepee is a soft leather (goofy me, I thought it is was suede).  It worked great for the hide skin look of a Teepee.  You can find 8 x10 pieces at JoAnn's and Michaels ( use a coupon for sure, otherwise you'll be paying $6 or so). The beads are from Michaels (I think I found those in the junk bin).  Jute or Hemp is from JoAnn's.  The Teepee post are swizzle sticks from JoAnn's. Lawdy, I had to think outside the box on this part.  My original plan was to go outside and clip some twigs, clean them up, put some SU Crystal Effects on them, etc, etc.  I decided that that would be a NO!  So I soaked swizzle sticks in a little bit of warm water (briefly, just so the wood would soften but not expand), dabbed off the excess water, used a textured embossing folder, ran them through my Big Shot, brushed them with Walnut Stain distress ink-Viola! rough and rugged Teepee post (dancing around in my chair-go Joycee, go Joycee).  I cut the soft leather in the shape of (what I thought would look like) a Teepee, used one of my cutterpee wheels to make the slit in the front, I stitched the design on the front, scraped the soft leather with wired scraper thing (I'm thinking this is not the real name) to make it look worn and rough, and ink distressed the edges with Walnut Stain.  All the leaf edges are distress with Walnut Stain as well. I popped NA-Tilly (isn't that cute-get it Natilly-Natalie, okay yeah-moving on) up to give her a little dept.  I got the greeting from a local craft store in Plano, TX-Stamp Asylum stampasylum.blogspot.com/ .   The tag on the front is from SU.  I used a couple of the large deckled rectangled nesties for the mats inside and the sentiment is from Inkadinkadoo (#98549, Autumn Foilage).  Gheeeeez, I think that's it.  If you find that I have forgotten something, just drop me a line and I'll see if I can remember but I really think that's it. Oops for got the printed paper is BoBunny-Forever Fall Collection 6x6 paper pack. Okay, now I'm really done.   




I had the hardest time trying to get a decent picture of this card.  I think it was because of all the bright colours in the photo.  This was these were best I could get of the outside and inside of the casd, my apologies.  
I plan to enter this one in the Simon Says Stamp challenge- simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/
Hop on over and check it out.

Thanks for stopping by, Joyce (SS)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...