Monday, January 16, 2012

Outlawz Sketch Challenge

Here is my entry for the Outlawz Sketch Challenge.  It's a pretty cool sketch, I really enjoyed making this card. Thanks to my stampin' BFF Mema and the Outlawz for the encouragement and inspiration.  Speaking of Mema, I'm sure she is up to something over at Memas Crafts , you know her, can't be still for a minute!  Well, here's my entry and thanks for stopping by. 



 Supplies:
Colorbox- textured CS
Paperstudios- White CS
MS- border punch
SU & EK Success - square punches
Cricut Expression/Gypsy- to make the two rectangle windows
Fleural Stamp- sorry can't remember
Flourish Stamp- SU stamp set Vintage Vogue (118598, this is a current stamp set)
Sentiment-SU stamp set Perfectly Penned (122892, this is still a current stamp set)
Ribbon- SU Choc. Chip  (sorry, I don't think this one available anymore)
Ink-SU Bordering Blue (retired)


Keep Stampin'
Joyce {Scrapbook Stampinista}
PS name change comin' stay tuned


Here is  a little quick shot, this is a digi stamp (can't remember where I got it) but I started playing with coloured pencils and Gamsol (Mineral Spirits).  I bought my mineral spirits at Wal-Mart 16oz for about $7.  CAUTION: you must be in a well ventilated area, this stuff is strong and can act fast on your lungs and central nervous system.  I poked a hole in the silver safety seal and just dapped my cloth ( you only need a small just barely damp area).  I had to put the cloth in a sealed container when I wasn't using it.  THIS STUFF IS STRONG!! BE CAREFUL!!!!!   Okay, I'm done being a nurse now, on to my demo. 


I used Primsacolor Pencils (love them)! and Mineral Spirits (Gamsol is a brand name for those who did not know). Of course I went to the store looking for Gamsol (not knowing that is just mineral spirits)  Let me just say, the spirits is very much alive in this stuff! I am going to try a Maggie using the PCPs.   I hope everyone had a peaceful MLK day. It's back to work tomorrow.

Have a good night, toodles for now, J.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...