Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Door Hanger

Hi All,
    Just thought I would put out a quick post (or what I hope to be a quick post). Every week there is a new challenge over at Jackson's Digital Expressions .  This week's challenge is hosted by our very talented Altered Art team.  The theme is Altered Door Hanger.  You do not have to do a traditional door hanger, as you will see when you pop over there.  Our DT members have really brought forth their creative sides to bring inspire you to branch out.  The door hangers look grrrt!  I also made a door hanger.  I used a lot things I already had on hand.  Whenever I go to Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's or Michael's, I try to buy something to altered that I didn't already have.  I find my items in the dollar bins at JoAnn's as well as their wood works section.  At Michael's I go the wood works section. Hobby Lobby, has a spectacular assortment of things to alter and different sizes.  This is a wooden door hanger that I got at Hobby Lobby for .79 cents.  The paper is an old (2008) Debbie Mumm (for Jo-Ann) cardstock pack.  It is called "Harvest & Holiday". The paper pack has Fall, Thanksgiving, Halloween, and Christimas (what a bargin for me)!   I used Modge Podge to adhere the cardstock to the door hanger, sanded the edges and the inner circle (front and back). I inked the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink, I used the Tim Holtz "Autumn Gatherings"  die to make the leaves and branches (I highly recommend this die).  I cut out a thin black circle (from stash cardstock) to randomly glue the leaves and branches in a circle. I added a couple 2-3 WOC Roses , I used pop dots to adhere the branch wreath to the door hanger (to give it some lift).  I cut out the pumpkins from another piece of cardstock in the same paper pack; and viola! you've got a door hanger.   Well, gotta run for now.  I will be back very soon with a very cute seasonal card I think you'll enjoy. 


 
Hugz from Me
 
 
 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...