Thursday, December 22, 2016

Winter Wonderland Christmas Tag

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
Today, I am sharing a tag that was so much fun to make!  It's a rare event for me when I have an idea and I can keep the project in that direction (lol).   I knew I wanted the tag to look rustic and have the colours of silver, blue, and white.   I am so happy with the way the tag turned out.  My inspiration for this tag came from Frank Garcia. His Christmas tags are so pretty.  I found many versions of his tags done by other crafters; however, none in the colours I had in mind. So I was somewhat on my own with this journey.  I purchased the papers at our local craft store in Waxahachie (Crafter Scrapper).  The paper is by Bo Bunny's TIS THE SEASON collection. The sheets I used were:Tis The Season Yuletide #20501706 and Tis The Season Peace #20501702. The darker print with the large snowflakes was some paper I had in the stash.  The largest tag (base) is a pre-cut chipboard tag from Heart of Texas Studio (they come 2 in a pack).  I used 2 different Tim Holtz dies to cut the other two tags out of the patterned paper.  I added some dimension to those smaller die cut tags by cutting out some 2mm Fun Foam in the same shapes (Fun Foam purchased at JoAnn's).  I used score tape to adhere the patterned paper to he fun foam.  The silver swirls were cut using Tim Holtz's Thinlets "Scribbles & Splats" and the branches are from Tim Holtz Thinlets "Holiday Greens". The deer is a Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers-"Mini Reindeer & 25 Set". I made the bow using Tim Holtz's Alterations die "Bow-Tied".  I used a Fleur-de-Lys mini background stamp on the deer and embossed with silver/gray embossing powder.  The poinsettia was cut using Spellbinders "Layered Poinsettia" #S5-055.  The bow, the scribbles, the 25, and the poinsettia are cut out of DCWV's 12 x 12 "Glitzy" Glitter Cardstock Stack (it's the smooth glitter cardstock). I used some silver 1/2" ribbon from JoAnn's and some silver flat back adhesive backed pearls that I got from Hobby Lobby.  The little blue cluster is from Michael's holiday stems.  I made the tag by using a Spellbinder's pennant die, transparent  card stock from Michaels, Staz On Opaque, dots/spots mini back ground stamp, and a (retired) Stampin Up Greeting.  And the last thing I did was to add some silver-gray seam-binding.   I absolutely love how this tag turned out. 



Here is a close-up of the greeting.  I used the STAZ ON OPAQUE die on the transparent CS,  the dots/spots mini background stamp to make it look like it was snowing on the greeting and inked the edges to give it a frosted look.   


I plan to enter my tag in the following holiday challenges:







Joyeux Noel from Joyce 






9 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous tag! I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's a really stunning tag, has to be for someone very special. Thanks for playing at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce Ann, This is absolutely stunning.... just gorgeous! I just love all the texture and dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Joyce, Love that tag. That would be a gift in itself. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! simply wonderful..love each and every element of it..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.. Wish you a great year ahead!! Hugs Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce Ann, Congratulations on winning our December/January Words 2 Craft By Challenge! We just loved this gorgeous tag. Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce Ann, Saw your comment over at W2CB. Do you have an e-mail where I can reach you?

      Delete
    2. Hi, Joyce Ann. Me again. We'd love to set you up with that gift certificate and provide info about being a W2CB Guest I-Teamer. I can be reached at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...