Thursday, December 22, 2016

Winter Wonderland Christmas Tag

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas!
Today, I am sharing a tag that was so much fun to make!  It's a rare event for me when I have an idea and I can keep the project in that direction (lol).   I knew I wanted the tag to look rustic and have the colours of silver, blue, and white.   I am so happy with the way the tag turned out.  My inspiration for this tag came from Frank Garcia. His Christmas tags are so pretty.  I found many versions of his tags done by other crafters; however, none in the colours I had in mind. So I was somewhat on my own with this journey.  I purchased the papers at our local craft store in Waxahachie (Crafter Scrapper).  The paper is by Bo Bunny's TIS THE SEASON collection. The sheets I used were:Tis The Season Yuletide #20501706 and Tis The Season Peace #20501702. The darker print with the large snowflakes was some paper I had in the stash.  The largest tag (base) is a pre-cut chipboard tag from Heart of Texas Studio (they come 2 in a pack).  I used 2 different Tim Holtz dies to cut the other two tags out of the patterned paper.  I added some dimension to those smaller die cut tags by cutting out some 2mm Fun Foam in the same shapes (Fun Foam purchased at JoAnn's).  I used score tape to adhere the patterned paper to he fun foam.  The silver swirls were cut using Tim Holtz's Thinlets "Scribbles & Splats" and the branches are from Tim Holtz Thinlets "Holiday Greens". The deer is a Tim Holtz Alterations Movers & Shapers-"Mini Reindeer & 25 Set". I made the bow using Tim Holtz's Alterations die "Bow-Tied".  I used a Fleur-de-Lys mini background stamp on the deer and embossed with silver/gray embossing powder.  The poinsettia was cut using Spellbinders "Layered Poinsettia" #S5-055.  The bow, the scribbles, the 25, and the poinsettia are cut out of DCWV's 12 x 12 "Glitzy" Glitter Cardstock Stack (it's the smooth glitter cardstock). I used some silver 1/2" ribbon from JoAnn's and some silver flat back adhesive backed pearls that I got from Hobby Lobby.  The little blue cluster is from Michael's holiday stems.  I made the tag by using a Spellbinder's pennant die, transparent  card stock from Michaels, Staz On Opaque, dots/spots mini back ground stamp, and a (retired) Stampin Up Greeting.  And the last thing I did was to add some silver-gray seam-binding.   I absolutely love how this tag turned out. 



Here is a close-up of the greeting.  I used the STAZ ON OPAQUE die on the transparent CS,  the dots/spots mini background stamp to make it look like it was snowing on the greeting and inked the edges to give it a frosted look.   


I plan to enter my tag in the following holiday challenges:







Joyeux Noel from Joyce 






10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous tag! I love it! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next week too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Now that's a really stunning tag, has to be for someone very special. Thanks for playing at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joyce Ann, This is absolutely stunning.... just gorgeous! I just love all the texture and dimension. Thanks so much for joining us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year, Joyce, Love that tag. That would be a gift in itself. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! simply wonderful..love each and every element of it..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges.. Wish you a great year ahead!! Hugs Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joyce Ann, Congratulations on winning our December/January Words 2 Craft By Challenge! We just loved this gorgeous tag. Please e-mail me at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com to make prize arrangements. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyce Ann, Saw your comment over at W2CB. Do you have an e-mail where I can reach you?

      Delete
    2. Hi, Joyce Ann. Me again. We'd love to set you up with that gift certificate and provide info about being a W2CB Guest I-Teamer. I can be reached at cards[dot]by[dot]sybrina[at]gmail[dot]com. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh my, this tag's color scheme teamed with the die cuts and layering is ON POINT! Great job!
    And so nice that what you sat down to work on is what you ended up with, too. ;) That happens for me... sometimes. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...