Sunday, August 23, 2020

Color Your Day!

***Having problems with Blogger, for this post I am unable to add links*** 

Hello my crafty people,

I am posting a card for the Altenew Academy Educator Certification Program’s “Color Your Day” class.

My style of card making is very simple, less is better and faster…lol.   For this card I used Altenew 2 x 3” Mini Delight: Bold Bloom Stamp and Die Bundle.  This stamp set contains 1 floral image of a set of joined posies with foliage and 2 sentiments.  This stamp and die bundle would be great for your stamping arsenal!  A simple elegant floral image with a bold statement depending on how you use it.  I know, I say that about a lot of the stamps…lol, but it is so true.  There are just some stamp sets that can do so many things, this will be one of those. 

This card is a little unique in that I was just practicing using my Polychromos pencils and Copic Markers.  I liked the outcome so much, I decided to use the image on a card.  Since this class was about colour, a yellow/gold card certainly fits the bill. 

The base for this card is a non-traditional size of 3 5/8” (w) x 5 1/8” (l).  I came up with size based on the size of the pierced scalloped frame die.  I used Momento Tuxedo Black ink to stamp the floral image.  The image was coloured first with Copic Markers:  Y19, 17, 15, and 13 and for the shadow I used W3, W1, W00.  To add a little detail, I used the pencils.  This was my first attempt with the Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils…love, love, love.  I chose the following colours: Yellows 105, 106, 107, 108, Grey 273, 274, and Green 168, 174.   I used Fun Foam to lift the yellow mat up from the base.  I also popped the floral image up with foam tape.  The sentiment is from another 2 x 3” Altenew mini stamp set called Mini Branch.  For the inside I used Obsidian Pigment ink to stamp the image again in the bottom corner and left it un-coloured. 




Joyce

2 comments:

  1. Joyce, when you crop your photo, please leave a bit of space around the project for the eyes to settle on. This makes the project details pop more. This is also mentioned in the photography guidelines shared with you on the main AECP page. Do take a look at those. It will be very helpful in the future.
    I like the clean look of the card and the image gathering all the attention with its bold black outlines. Good job at choosing the image.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bold colors and its simplicity.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...