Sunday, December 10, 2017

Stained Glass Stamping Christmas Card


Happy Holidays everyone,
Here is a Christmas card I made using a technique called Stained Glass Stamping.  You can find the video on Jennifer’s YouTube channel here.  Jen used some fall stamps for her card.  As you can see, you can use any matching stamp and die set.   The base of my card measures 5 5/8” x 4 ½” and made with 110# cardstock.  I’m not sure what size Jennifer’s card ended up being.  I did not pre-measure my card either, hence the crazy “5 5/8”.   The card front is ¼ inches smaller and popped up for dimension using 2mm fun foam.   The “Merry” is cut using the Hero Arts #DC170 “Merry” stamp and die set. The greeting is from the same stamp and die set.   The Christmas Bauble is cut using Spellbinder’s Heirloom Ornaments 2011 set.  The Image within the bauble die cut is a Heartfelt Creations pre-cut stamp set #3417 “Poinsettia”.  I embossed the image with gold embossing powder on heat resistant acetate.  The colour behind the die cut and stamp is a piece of white card stock that I coloured with distress inks.  I used Tim Holtz’s Festive Berries, Fired Brick, Candied Apple, and Aged Mahogany and then I heat set the colours.  The sentiment inside is from one of my favorite stamp lines Quietfire Design, #5858 “Gentle Thoughts”.   It looks difficult but really it was easy.  The only challenge I could see for anyone is finding some heat resistant acetate locally.    I actually got lucky and found some heat resistant acetate in my stash, that I bought from Judkins at a stamp convention in 2010!!!  I almost forgot to mention the matching envelope.  I made the envelope using my WRMK punch board, some Stampin’ UP! Cherry Cobbler card stock, gold embossing powder and the pre-cut Heartfelt Creations stamp set noted above.  I removed the Versa-Mark from the outline of the stamp, then stamped and embossed the inside image on the flap of the envelope.  Well folks that’s it for today.  I hope you’ll give it try.


 

 
Joyce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...