Thursday, February 13, 2020

Easy Die Cutting Technique

Hello, welcome back,
I am doing two post today for my Altenew Educator Certification Program.   This is the last class for my level I courses.   The class was Easy Die Cutting Techniques.   For my submission I did a partially hidden message card with the inlay technique.   This card started out as a practice to the practice (lol), but once again I was so please with it, I decided it would become the submission.   Another love, love card.    My inspiration was the stamp set packaging.  I didn’t think I would like the orange flowers but the green really made the images pop.
   
For my card I started with a 3 ¾ x 3 ¾” white card front.  I used Altenew’s Painted Flower Stamp Set.  This is a layering stamp set that includes an outline for each flower as well as layered leaves with an outline image.   It has three different flowers in the set.  I used two of the flowers and all three of the layers to both the flowers.  I used the Warm and Cozy, Golden Sunset, and Green Field mini cube sets to colour the images.   I die cut the word “thanks” from the stamped card front.  I cut an additional three “thanks” in white card stock.  I stacked and glued the three white “thanks” together, then I glued the “thanks” cut from the stamped card front on top of the other three.  I attached the negative portion of the card front onto some green patterned paper (had in the stash for years) cut an 1/8th larger than the card front.  Then I glued the stacked “thanks” back into the negative space of the card front, so it appears to be one piece of card stock again but this time the “thanks” is raised above the card panel. Part of the thanks has the flower pattern and seems to fade into the panel.  I call it a partially hidden message card.  I stamped the sentiment at the bottom using the Jet Black ink mini cube and one of the stamps from the Many Thanks Stamp Set.  I took several pictures to show the dimensions.  This was a lot fun to make.  I think I’m going to do couple more using different layered stamps set and words.   Something I learned from making this card was that, I didn’t like the colours initially, but I kept going with the colours and when I added the green it totally changed the look. 
Stay tuned next up…the level one challenge!

Altenew products:







Joyce

1 comment:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job with this course. I find this so scary, I have tried this in the past but I try not to do it too often LOL you are brave!
    Thank you for entering your awesome work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...