Saturday, June 20, 2020

Impressive Heat Embossing


Hello Everyone, welcome back to my blog.  Today, I am sharing two little Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) that I created for my Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP) class Impressive Heat Embossing.  For more information on the program click here Altenew.

I knew I was going to water colour, so I started by cutting two pieces of Strathmore Cold Press 
water colour cardstock to ATC size 3 1/2 x 2 ½”.  I applied some anti-static powder to the surface of both the little card fronts.  I used some Versa Mark ink to imprint the images on the card fronts.   On both the cards I used white embossing powder.  Then I heat set the images using my (standard) heating tool.  For the “hugs” card I used the Altenew Dearest Friend stamp set. The Dearest Friend stamp set is a 6" x 8", high quality photo-polymer, clear stamp set containing 17 stamps total.  This stamp set contains floral, greenery, greetings and sentiments. Oh yeah and don’t forget the Dearest Friend matching die for the two floral images.   I created the colouring using a moderate amount of water and Gansi Tambi water colours (yellows and oranges).  After I finished the water colouring, I helped the drying process using my Tim Holtz heating tool (this has less concentrated heat than a standard heating tool).  If you don’t have the Tim Holtz heat tool, you can leave to images to dry in room air or use your standard heating tool but, I would make sure you have quite a bit of distance between the heating tool and the image to avoid warping.  To further minimize warping, once the images where dry, I placed them both between the pages of a very heavy book and put another heavy book on top of that and left them overnight.   I cut the “hugs” twice using a small Momenta die, one in white and the other in light blue.  I wanted the hugs to really stand out from the background, so I off-set the two “hugs” and then popped them up on some foam tape. It also brings the eye directly to the embossed image.

For the Sending Love & Hugs ATC, I followed the same process as I did for the “hugs”.  This time I used Altenew’s Breezy Bouquet stamp set and the sentiment is an Altenew exclusive gift stamp set called "Best Sentiments".   The Breezy Bouquet stamp set contains 12 stamps.  You get images to create a stand-a-lone floral image, a bouquet in a vase, or a wrapped bouquet.  You also get words and phrases in a beautiful soft font. And just in case you really want to impress the recipient, you can cut out some of the images with the Breezy Bouquet matching die!  I used my Gansi Tambi water colours, in greens, browns, reds.  I stamped the greeting with Gina K’s Amalgam ink.




See you next, Joyce

1 comment:

  1. These look amazing! LOVE how you have coloured these pieces freely and without holding back. Beautiful work! Love the colours used. The second image looks dimensional! Good job!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...