Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Beyond Basic Backgrounds

Hello, I hope you are all staying safe and feeling well during these most challenging times.  Thank goodness we have crafting!  Today, I am posting my card for the Altenew-AECP Level II course Beyond Basic Backgrounds.  This is a quick and simple card.  To create my background, I started by inking some white card stock (CS) with Altenew’s Glacier Caves Mini Cube Set.  I used blending brushes to lay down my colour.  I used all four colours in the set to create an ombre effect.  I took my time with the blending to make sure the colour gradient transition was smooth (no harsh demarcation lines).  Once the CS was inked, I used Altenew’s Shutter Cover Die to cut out my piece.  The die cut is a little smaller than a A2 size (4 ½ x 5 ¼ “) card.   I used a glue pen to apply adhesive to some areas on the back of the inked die cut and then adhered it to the card base.  Since I started taking Violin lessons just recently, I thought this would be a perfect time to use Altenew’s Treble Love Die.  This die set comes with three metal dies, a Treble Clef, the sentiment “love you”, and a staff.  I cut out the Treble Clef and the “love you” twice in black CS.  I doubled-up each piece to make them a little more durable.  I added some tiny (and I do mean tiny) pieces of foam tape to the back in a few places and adhered them to the front of the card. I let the Cover Die parallelogram bars represent the staff.   Here are a couple photos of the finished card, for now the inside is blank.

Altenew products used to create this card:
Treble Love Die Set 




3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...