Monday, April 12, 2021

Mixed Media for Memory Keeping

And last but not least…my Mixed Media for Memory Keeping class.  I really, really, really enjoyed this class.  Natalie De Souza is the best!   I love mixed to begin with, but Nat just really makes you enjoy it even more.  Her style is more of a cleaner mixed media when you compare her to people like Diane Wakely and Tim Holtz.   Natalie does get “inky” as we call it, but her style is bright and homey.   She imparts so many tips and tricks during the class.   So, let’s jump into it.  My inspiration was my K-Pop idol bias SUGA of BTS (Bangtan Sanyeondan) translation: Bullet Proof Boy Scouts.  SUGA is aka Min Yoongi, AgustD, and lil’ Meow Meow.  Can you tell I am lovin’ me some SUGA?!  Okay, I’m focused now…  I used the layout Natalie created because it was perfect for my subject.  SUGA loves and cannot live without his coffee.

I changed a few things to fit my subject for my page.  SUGA also loves and writes music.  So, for my background I embossed sheet music.  His favorite colour is white, so I wanted to keep the overall page as light as possible.  I added the coffee rings using a mini Coke can bottom and the Altenew Coffee with A Splash stamp set.  His favorite coffee is Iced Americano (sadly for him, he has had to switch to decaf recently).  To create the Iced Americano and the Decaf, I used the insert packaging from a Tim Holtz stencil.  In the class Natalie mentions some kind of transparency she uses to make some of the drips on her page.  I used that same Tim Holtz packing (the outer packing-clear bag) to create some of the drips on my page.  I do not journal on my pages, but I wanted to incorporate his name somewhere.  I had quite a bit of white space left over, so I ink blended some colours to match the blending under the stencil and cut out his name “SUGA” in Hangul.  I also loved the idea of using vellum behind some of your photos.   his was a fun project.  I planned to do a hole lot more of the clean mixed media.   

Well, that is it for my ACEP level III submissions.  I hope you enjoyed my little journey and that myself and Altenew were able to inspire you in some way.   I hope also to share some exciting news about the Altenew’s Educator Certification Program soon, so pray for me, stay safe, and stay tuned.  Until next time...



Joyce


1 comment:

  1. Cool layout. Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...