Sunday, October 13, 2013

New Hire Welcome

Hi everyone, today I want to share a quick and cute project that I did for our new hires.  Just a little something to say congratulation, welcome, and glad you are apart of the team.  I used my Cricut Expression and Tags, Bags, Boxes and more 2 cartridge along with my Storybook cartridge to cut out these charming little gable boxes.  I cut them on the largest setting in the manual for that particular box.  I used a Textured Cardstock Pad by We R Memory Keepers (Wal-Mart $4.79 on clearance).  I thought the colours were nice for fall. I used a wet glue to put them together (Aleens).   HEADS UP: you will need that score blade (purple).  You have to make the score marks first, DO NOT REMOVE YOUR MAT when the scoring is finish!!!! YOU HAVE TO change to the cutting blade (greenish yellow or blue for deep cut), then PUSH LOAD MAT  this will return the blade housing back to the original position to ensure your cut matches up with your scoring.  It seems like a lot of work but once you do 1 or 2, it's a breeze.   It just so happened that I purchased that scoring blade on one of my "Olivia Pope" moments...My eyes kept coming back to this blade while I was in the store (months ago), so my GUT told me get the blade...It's on sale anyway...you will need this in the future...I don't know why but you will. Something I fervently believe and has proved correct since I started paper crafting is...IF YOU ARE IN A CRAFT STORE AND YOUR EYES KEEP COMING BACK TO AN ITEM, IF YOU HAVE THE FUNDS AVAILABLE...GET THAT ITEM!!  It does not matter when you will use it, just know that YOU WILL. It will come at a time when you least expect it and you will be darn glad you got that item.    Thank goodness for Olivia Pope (lol).  That woman fixes stuff she doesn't even know about!  This was also a last minutes project so, I did not have time to make them breathing-takingly gorgeous; but they are cute.    They are great for special events such as birthdays, weddings, etc. 




 
Hugz from Me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...