Thursday, December 26, 2019

Altenew Educator Certification Program



I’m in!!!  I am so excited to share that I have been accepted into the Altenew Educator Certification Program 2020 class!   Over the next few months, I will be sharing my class assignments on my blog.  I will share how I made the cards or scrapbook page and I will have some links to the products. 

For my first submission, my inspiration came from the demo card Nicole made in class.  I really liked the small additions of colour and the whimsical floral stamp.  I was just getting started with my Altenew stamp collection (now totally hooked), but I did not have the stamp Nicole used (I do now…lol).  Instead, I used Altenew’s Beautiful Day Stamp Set.  For my inks I used their Floral 6 Mini Cube Set.  I started with some white #65 card stock cut to 4 x 5 ¼” for my card front.  The main floral image has four stamp layers.   It also comes with leaves which have three layers, some other outlined images and a couple sentiments.   I used the large flower outline to randomly stamp on the card front using the Jet Black Crisp Dye Ink Cube.  Then I used the 3rd layer of the large floral image to add some colour.  I stamped one with Frosty Pink, one with Coral Berry, and the last one with Ruby Red. 

I stamped the leaves near the larger flowers and used the 2nd layer image as my colour fill.  I used Frayed Leaf for this layer.  To fill in some of the white space, I stamped the smaller images between the large floral images and on the edges.  I added some Wink-of Stella to the leaves (only) for just a touch of sparkle.   I chose one of the sentiments from the stamp set, stamped it on the same type of card as above, trimmed the sides down and popped it up on a small piece of black card stock using 3M Foam Tape, then I mounted the card front onto a tent fold A2 card base using some more foam tape.  I love the black and white with a splash of colour here and there.  I learned that you can do a lot with a little as far as colour.  You can still tell the card basic colours are black and white.  I also learned that mounting white on white really looks good (you will see a lot more of that) and that I prefer neutral card bases over coloured.

Altenew Products:
Floral6 Mini Cube Set
BeautifulDay Stamp Set



This close up shows the shimmer on the leaf from the Wink-of-Stella.

Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card! Congrats on your first post! YAY! The post it well written and you explained the process well too!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...