Saturday, December 28, 2019

All About Layering II - Dearest Friend Card


Hello and welcome back to my blog.  Today's card was inspired by some of the Altenew packaging.  I love how they give you inspiration by using the layered stamp set as part of the packing.  One of the great things about Altenew is you don’t even have to turn on the computer, all you need to do is just flip your pack over to the back side and there is your inspiration! 

For the All About Layering II class I used Altenew’s Remember This stamp set.  The main image is a four layered Flower.  It comes with layered leaves, a layered flower bud, layered flower stems, some outline foliage and a couple sentiments.   

I started my card with a 4 x 5 ¼” piece of cardstock for my card front.  I wanted the image to have a no line colour feel, so I did not use the outline image for the main flower or the leaves.  I stamped one flower at the top and a couple at the bottom in the opposite corner.  To give the card some balance I stamped more leaves along the edge and across the top. To make the images look connected and flowing I did some masking.  I used Altenew’s Shades of Purple and Green Fields Crisp Dye Ink mini cubes sets.  I have to say Green Fields is one of my favorite ink sets.  You can't go wrong using this set of inks for any foliage.  No searching for the right combination, the work is done for you.   I embossed the greeting “Dearest Friend” from Altenew’s Dearest Friend stamp set using black embossing powder and I stamped the sentiment underneath using the Jet Black ink cube from the Green Fields set.  I mounted the card front onto a white side fold A2 size card base and my card is complete. 
With this card I learned patience with layered stamping and practice makes perfect or at least really good…lol

Altenew Products:





Joyce


1 comment:

  1. What a stunning card! And beautiful photos too! The light is just right :) Your choice of colours on this card is gorgeous.
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...