Sunday, November 4, 2012

Vintage, Gesso, and Embossing

Howdy Everyone,
    I am back again with a really quick card I just finished.  In this card I used some Gesso.  I've seen it used all around and it really makes the cards and projects look really good.  The card stock I used is a really pale vanilla, so I'm not sure how well you'll be able to see the Gesso on the card.  I also used some embossing and a back ground stamp to make my pattern paper.  The roses where left overs from a previous project, the stems were made from a Magnolia die.  I used the Nestabilities Floral and Classic Ovals Lg, Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink, Stampin' UP! Modern Label and Window punches, and the black ribbon and paper are from my stash.   I love trying new techniques and it's even better when I do a test card and it comes out good enough that I think it can be shared with all of you.  The picture is a apart of a gift picture collage sheet from Pion Design .  I named the little baby Merry, because she looks just like my friends baby girl Merry Isabel; what a little cutie.  I even tried my hand at making a little staging (yeah... that will be something I need to watch many tutorials about, lol). Before I go, I want to thank all of the challenge host/hostess.  Being on a DT, I have truly come to understand the tremendous amount of time and effort that you put into hosting the challenges, recruiting sponsors, coming up with themes and everything else that you do.  Please know that you are greatly appreciated.

 
 
Challenges:
Challenges 4 Everybody Challenge #6 Anything Goes
Eclectic Ellapu Challenge #4 It’s A Vintage Thing
Gingerloft Challenge GL51 No Coloring Allowed
Mema's Crafts November Anything Goes
 
Hugz from Me
 
 



3 comments:

  1. Wow what a wonderful creation.

    Thanks for joining us at gingerloft.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card for our vintage theme this week. Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu :)S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this simple, clean and vintage card. The image is adorable! Good job on the staging. Pretty cool that you joined in on my challenge at Mema's Crafts.

    Hugz
    Lesia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...