Monday, November 5, 2012

Monochromatic Neutral

First let me say... Thank you, our mighty God and Father for another opportunity to get it right...Hold me up Holy Ghost!
Since I don't have to work today, I thought I would stay up and browse around for new techniques.  There is so much out there and one site leads to another and another and another.  I am easily off track (Cardmaker's ADD).  Today, this was not a bad thing because I found a challenge I could make a quick card for over at  Come and Get It Challenges.  The theme for the challenge is Monochrome.  My creation looks like a wedding card to me but I guess it could be for any occasion.  The paper is from an old DCWV 12 x12 paper pack I've had for as long as I've been scrapbooking and cardmaking and the plain CS is from my stash.   You know you have grown in your trade, when your imagination allows you to go back to your beginning supplies and create amazing paper crafts for today.  I often go through some of my older patterned papers and say to myself -what the heck was I thinking when I bought that paper?! And of course you always by 2 pcs of the CS/paper if it's 12 x 12 or 3 pcs of 8 x 11.  So, since I've been cardmaking for about 4 years, that should give you some idea of how much of that "what was I thinking paper" I've accumulated.  The other supplies I used were Die-namics dies Fancy Flourish and small rose; Stampin' UP! Framelits Labels; Quickutz Leaves die (one of my favorite dies); Kaisercraft pearls, and a pearl brad from Recollections (Michael's brand). I'm glad I was up for the challenge (lol).  Chat soon.



 
 
 
Hugz from Me


4 comments:

  1. I came here from 613 Avenue Create. I am a Texan too. I lol as you described me to a tee about buying 2 12x12s & more 8.5x11s. That was when I started. I look at all of that paper now & still shake my head. I know that it was for me to scrapbook but a year ago I started making cards & I have had no desire to scrapbook since then. I am a new follower & I would love it if you would follow me as well. :) http://scrapclose2theheart.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card Joyce. I adore tone on tone cards and you've done a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carole, you guys are so awesome with your encouragement.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...