Sunday, January 12, 2020

Clean & Simple Boutique Card

Howdy Everyone,
Today I am sharing a card I did for my Clean & Simple Boutique Card Class over at Altenew Academy.  My inspiration was floating roses.  I wanted to keep the imagery and the colours light.  I started with a 3 ¼ x 3 ¼” white card front.  I randomly stamped the roses and the rose leaves using Altenew’s mini stamp-Carved Rose.  The Carved Rose stamp set is a single layer solid image stamp.  The stamp set comes with the rose and rose leaf, a sentiment with accompanying phrases to complete the sentiment.   I used Frosty Pink from the Red Cosmos Mini Cube set and Minty Mint from the Green Meadows Mini Cube set.  After I stamped the roses and leaves, I used a Copic Multiliner pen to outline the leaves.  I only outlined the leaves.  In outlining the leaves, it not only helped the leaves to stand out, it created separation of the images and it lifted both the roses and leaves from the white background.  To give more separation of the white background I mounted the card front onto some black cardstock and then mounted the entire card front on to a 4 ¼ x 4 ¼ side folding white card base.  I stamped a sentiment from Altenew’s Label Love Stamp Set with their Jet Black ink from the Green Fields Mini Cube set on some white cardstock, trimmed all around the sentiment and inked the edges with the same black ink to hide the white core of the card stock.  In this lesson I learned a couple of things.  One was using the Copic multiliner to give flat images a lift  and the second was how make a clean and simple card into a boutique type card. For more information on the products I used to make this card  see the links below or visit Altenew.com HERE and Craft Your Life like me!


Altenew Products:



Chat soon,


Joyce

1 comment:

  1. That looks really pretty Joyce! Try adding a couple more photos of the project please, like a close up or one at a different angle.
    Thank you for entering your fabulous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...