Thursday, January 30, 2020

Celebrations: Stencil Techniques

Hello my crafty friends!

Today I’m sharing a card I did for the Celebration: Stencil Techniques class for Altenew’s Educator Certification Program.  My inspiration for this card was Altenew’s Classy Stripes Stencil.  I love this stencil!  You can easily change the feel of a card or a scrapbook page with this one stencil. Vertical bars, depending on the colour and saturation, can have a wide range of mood effect from light and fun to dark and dramatic and anything in between.  Using this stencil, I was able to create an adorable country themed encouragement card.  

I started this card by cutting my cardstock a little larger than the 6 x 5 7/8” stencil.   I did this so I could have something to anchor the stencil to.   I use a light (temporary) adhesive spray to cover one side of the stencil.  I followed the directions on the spray adhesive container for setting time.  I use adhesive spray instead of tape to decrease the possibility of the stencil lifting when I’m inking.  WARNING: Read the directions for use and use spray adhesives in WELL VENTILATED areas.
  
After I am done inking, I place the stencil in light soapy water to clean it.  I placed the stencil on to my #65 white card stock piece (tacky side to cardstock). I used Altenew’s Maple Yellow mini ink cube and a blending tool and started at one end of the cardstock with very light pressure applying a light covering of ink.  As I progressed toward the middle, I used heavier pressure to lay down more colour.  Moving away from the middle of the card (toward the opposite end), I used very light pressure again creating the gradient look.  I rotated the stencil 90 degrees and repeated the same process.   I cut the inked cardstock down so that the most concentrated area of ink was the focal point of the background.  For the flowers I used Altenew’s Daisy Stamp Set.  This is one of the mini layering stamp sets.  There are 3 layers for both the main image and the leaf.   I stamped the Daisies using the Warm Gray Mini Cube Set.  From the Warm Gray set, I omitted the Lava Rock to keep the Daisies light.  and I used the Green Valley Mini Cube Set to stamp the leaves. I left out the Firefly mini cube.  There is no die for the (mini) Daisy stamp set, so I cut them out using my Brother Scan N Cut.  You can also cut them the images out manually.  The sentiment is from the Bamboo Rose Stamp Set.  I used my Misti Stamp Tool and the Evening Gray ink cube to stamp the sentiment several times.  After I arranged the Daisies and leaves, I trimmed the sentiment and adhered them all down with small pieces of double-sided tape.   I added some Fun Foam to the back of the finished card front and mounted that on to an A2 sized side fold card base. 

For more information on Altenew products, classes, and inspiration click HERE

Altenew Products: 





Joyce

2 comments:

  1. Strange "water hack" burns 2 lbs overnight

    More than 160000 women and men are utilizing a easy and SECRET "liquids hack" to drop 2 lbs each night while they sleep.

    It is easy and it works on everybody.

    This is how you can do it yourself:

    1) Grab a glass and fill it up with water half full

    2) And now do this proven hack

    and you'll become 2 lbs skinnier in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely! I like that you used the Classy Stripes Stencil two ways! Looks really cool. Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...