Saturday, January 18, 2020

Easy Ink Blending

Hi There! Glad you’re back.   
The card I am sharing today is for the Altenew Easy Ink Blending Techniques class.  This is one of my favorites because I love, love, love blending.  It doesn’t matter if it’s Copic Markers, Distress Inks, Clear Color Brush Markers, Gansi Tambi water colours, Prisma Color Pencils, or Altenew Crisp Dye Inks, I just love blending and shading colours.   My inspiration for this card was the tropics and Altenew’s Bamboo Rose Stamp Set.  This is a great outline stamp set.  It has so many supporting images like leaves, branches, stems, and butterflies, this is in addition to the 6-7 different rose sizes! You can make a bouquet of roses, stamp them individually, make a trellis of roses, your imagination is the limit!  It also has five greeting/sentiments in a fun font.  I would say, this is another must have; especially, if you love to colour.  From stamping the images on a plain white background with some coloured ink or embossing powder to colouring the images with Crayola Crayons you will love this stamp set! 

To make this card I started with a piece of Canson Aquarelle #90 water colour card that was a larger than I knew my card front would be.  I do this because sometimes you get the colours just right and of course you’ll never be able to duplicate that background again...well, there is a way, but we won’t go into that here.   I wanted this card to have a tropical feel, so I chose bold bright colours like pinkish reds, corals, yellows, lime green, and oranges.  I started with the lightest colour first.  I added the lightest colour in random areas on the card stock and progressed to the darkest colours.  I was careful not to overlap the colours too much otherwise you end up with a bunch of earth tones (grays, brown, mud).  After I was satisfied with my ink blended background, I cut it down into a 4 x 5 ¼ card front.  I stamped several sizes of the Bamboo Roses onto my card front using my Versa Mark ink pad and embossed them with white fine detail embossing powder.   In the Easy Ink Blending Techniques class we also learned about quick and easy water colouring.  I used that technique on some of the roses and the leaves; it added a bit of dimension to the images.  I die cut the word hello 3 times, glued them together and attached them to the card front.  I added a layer of Fun Foam to the back of the card front and attached that to the front of an A2 sized tent fold white card base…and card was born!  For more Altenew inspiration, products, and information on classes click HERE.


Altenew Products:
Bamboo Rose 



Thanks for stopping by, see you next time...Joyce



1 comment:

  1. Fabulously done! Love the flawless blending. I think something different could have been done with the sentiment :)
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...