Monday, January 20, 2020

For The Guys

A Big Texas Hello!

Today’s card is out of this world!  I don’t know about you but most often my cards are more on the feminine side.  The For The Guys class over at Altenew.com gave us good ideas and inspiration for making masculine cards.   I did a card like the one demonstrated for the class.   What I learned was I don’t have to be so careful and calculated with inked back grounds all the time and still come out with amazing end results.

This card starts off with an A2 piece of white card stock as the card front.  I liked the inked results so much, I used the entire panel, so the final card size is a little larger than a A2.  I used a couple different shades of blue dye inks and some black ink to create my background.  I started by using the lightest blue ink all over my card front.  I added the darker blue ink starting at the edge and about halfway in toward the center blending the two as I went along.  I did this in random places on the card front.  I did not blend the entire card front.  I wanted the blues to blend in some places and keep their individual colour in random spots.  I added the black in around the edges of the card a little heavy and very lightly moved toward the center just covering the blues.  I used my spray bottle to add some water droplets on to the inked background.  Then I took a piece of folded paper towel and pressed down on my background.  This created the faded-out droplet appearance on the card front.  Next, I took a drop of white acrylic paint and a couple drops of water and mixed them together to make a thinned out white liquid.  I used my Tim Holtz splatter brush to splatter the thinned liquid all over the background.  I’m not sure if you can see it but some of the spots have tails which look like comets or shooting stars.  I let the background dry completely.
On some white cardstock, I used first generation stamping with Altenew’s Mini Moon Stamp Set and their crisp dye ink cubes Citrus Burst and Silver Stone to create my moon.  I die cut the moon using the Mini Moon matching die.   Before I attached the moon to the card front, I heat embossed the sentiment from the stamp set on the card front with Versa Mark and white fine detail embossing powder.   I did a little extra on this card by carrying the theme over to the inside bottom of the card.   
For more information on Altenew products, inspiration, and classes click HERE


Altenew Products:



Joyce

2 comments:

  1. So so so gorgeous!! What a wonderful background!! You are a pro!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I love your background. Really cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...