Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Let It Shine

Hey there! So glad you are back.  I hope you and your family are well.                                          
I have completed another Altenew Academy class.  The title for this class was Let It Shine!  And although I’m not a blingy shiny type of girl, I really enjoyed making this card.  I got to pull out some products and tools I haven’t used in a while, like toner card stock and my Heidi Swapp Minc Machine.  My inspiration for this card was Altenew’s Birthday Greetings Stamp and Die Bundle.  I wanted to do some shiny balloons…and so I did!  One of the things I learned in this class was the possibilities of what I could use to make something shiny.  Normally, the first thing we think of is loose glitter and embossing when we want some shine.  Loose glitter and I do not get a long well at all, so I try to avoid using it as much as possible; it has to be a customer driven request…lol.  This class made me think of other products that have some shine to them.  The level of shine just depends on how much shine you are trying to achieve. 

For this class submission I did a birthday card.  My card started with a small piece of self-made toner cardstock (you can purchase toner cardstock, toner pens, etc). I have a laser printer, so I made my own.   I used the die from the Birthday Greetings bundle and die cut 5 balloons from the toner cardstock.  I cut a couple more than I needed just in case.  I used some rainbow coloured foil sheets and my Minc Machine to cover all 5 of the balloons.  I anchored some metallic gold floss to the back of the foiled balloons then added a small piece of foam tape for dimension.  I centered and overlapped the balloons on to a 4 x 5 ¼ inch white card front.  I stamped one of the Happy Birthday sentiments on to a scrap piece of white cardstock with black ink, trimmed it down a bit, added some foam tape to the back and used the sentiment to hold down the balloon strings.  I took a 3 ¾ x 5 inch piece of Fun Foam attached it to the back of the card front and mounted the card front on to an A2 sized tent fold card base.  The white on white keeps the card sharp and professional looking without dulling down the fun of the card.  This card would be good for any age.   This is my favorite card so far!  This is a simple card to make even if you don’t have a foiling machine.  Altenew’s Birthday Greetings was the perfect stamp and die bundle for it.    Click HERE to start Crafting Your Life! 

Altenew Products:

In this photo you can see the rainbow colouring of the balloons, the dimension on the balloons, the sentiment, and the card front. 
See you next time…Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Just the perfect amount of shine!! Love it!
    Thank you for entering your work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...