Monday, December 7, 2020

Polychromatic

 Hello All,

Today, I am sharing my last project for the Altenew Academy Educator Certification Program.  This project is for the Polychromatic class.  This time I wanted to change things up a bit, so I decided to do a post card instead of traditional card.   I was inspired by the water coloured Daisy card from one of the class lessons.  I used Altenew’s Spring Daisy Stamp & Die Bundle as my main image for the post card.  This is a 6 x 8 stamp set that comes with 15 stamps total, two of which are cheerful sentiment and a cute font.  One of the pros of this stamp set is that you can also use it to create beautiful Sunflowers (my favorite flower by-the-way).  You will definitely get your money’s worth out of this stamp set.

Since the plan was to use water colouring on this project, I started with a piece of Bristol Smooth 270gms card stock/multimedia (red cover).  The card stock is smooth, bright white, and though it is not a “water colour” card, it does well with a limited amount of moisture.  It really worked out well for the water colour effect I was trying to achieve.  

I used the smallest Daisy (floweret) from the stamp set for my main image.  To colour the image instead of my Zig Clean Color Markers, I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers.  I used the Distress Markers because the tips are a little more durable than the Zig tips.   For the floweret I used the colours: Ripe Persimmon, Spiced Marmalade, and Wild Honey.   I love the Distress Markers because they are water reactive, so they give rich vibrant colour.   I cut a mask using the matching die and covered the Daisy image before stamping the leaves.  To colour the leaves I used Peeled Paint and Forest Moss.   I used Ground Espresso, Brushed Corduroy, and Wild Honey for the floweret.   I used a Post Card stamp I had on hand and stamped that with Momento Rich Cocoa.  I did not add any other embellishments because it is a post card and it needs to be able to go through the meter machine at the post office.  I absolutely love how it turned out. 

Wow! The majority of my journey is over for the Altenew Educator Certification Program, next up the Level II challenge.  If you are interested in the Program or Altenew products click here.

 Altenew Products:

Spring Daisy Stamp & Die Bundle  



                
                                                                Joyce

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, it has such a vintage feel to it. Thank you for entering this to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...