Monday, December 7, 2020

With A Twist

 Hello everyone,

It has been a while since my last post for my Altenew Educator Certification Program.  Besides COVID in the world, there has been a lot going on with me personally.  Thankfully, things are slowly getting better and I can return to crafting.  Not quite crafting full time as before, but soon.   Today’s card is for the “With A Twist” class.  This card was inspired by one of the class demonstrations.  I really like the stamp set and the technique.  The technique was a kind of faux embossing.   

The images and the sentiment are from Altenew’s Bamboo Rose stamp set.  The instructor used the stamp set and matching dies.  I do not have the matching dies (yet…lol).  I used my cutting machine to cut out my images.  This stamp set has nice thick lines, so if you cannot get the dies and you do not have a cutting machine that will outline, fussy cutting is a breeze!  The card base is a standard A2 size (4 ½” x 5 ¼”).  I used Alcohol markers and pencils to colour the images.  Tip: to make sure my sentiment would fit in the space I wanted, after I cut the images out, I used some temporary adhesive on the back of my images to arrange and tack them down to the card base.  Then I lightly drew the outline of the inner edges (the part that would be closest to the sentiment) of the roses.   After I drew the outline, I took a picture of the arrangement so I could place them back once I stamped my sentiment.  I am usually not a wet glue person, but for this card I had to use glue to make sure all the edges of the images were fastened securely to the base card.  This way when I cut off any excess the image would not lift from the card; especially, the outer edge or borders of the card.    

I really enjoyed making this card because I got to practice combining markers with pencils.  The colouring was the most time-consuming part of the card; although, it did not take long at all to colour the roses.  If you plan to make this card, which I highly recommend you give it a try, I would definitely make more roses than you think you will need.  You could use any extras roses in the inside of the card or save them for another project.   

If you are interested in the Altenew Educator Certification Program or any of the Altenew products used to make this card, you can find information here

 Altenew Products:

Bamboo Rose Stamp Set 

Bamboo Rose Die Set

Obsidian Pigment Ink 

I did not use Altenew for my colouring; however, for your one stop shopping convenience Altenew has many options for colouring here 

 Until next time, stay safe



Joyce

1 comment:

  1. Joyce please share more than one photo of your project. These can be at different angles or close ups. This is one of the rules mentioned in the gallery.
    Your card looks wonderful.I like the arrangement and the amount of white space. Your post is also well written. Just take note of adding more photos please.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...