Monday, December 7, 2020

Altenew Magical Markers Class

Hello my crafty friends,

I think this is my last card for the Altenew Educator Certification Program (woo-hoo).  If not, I have only one to go.  Today's card features Markers.  I love my markers! The class title was Magical Marker Techniques.  In this class we learned about using markers in different ways other than shading.  I pretty much use my markers for shading...lol.  The instructor coloured on different types of substrate/mediums such as vellum and aluminum (tape).   My card was inspired by one of the demonstrations card in the class.  

For this card, I did a tent fold slender card.  The measurements for the finished card are 6" x 3 3/4".  I used some off brand alcohol markers instead of my Copic Markers (way too expensive to just play with).  Altenew has alcohol markers in a variety of colour families like their dye inks, so if you intend to shade the guess work is done for you.  They also come in sets of 12.  Another tip is that the price point for the Altenew Alcohol Marker is a little more reasonable as compared to Copics.  

I decided to try something new for me, which was just to use the markers to do colouring.  I really liked the technique the instructor used for the card.  I also love the look of  the shape and the geometry of the image.  In order to achieve this look, I had to first create a stencil since I did not have the stencil used in the video.  I used the information about creating stencils from an earlier class in the program.  The sentiment was created with a die I had on hand.  I cut the sentiment out twice once on white cardstock and then on black card stock.  I offset the black just slightly to create a hint of a shadow.  I used some foam tap to give the "thanks" some dimension.   It looked kind of plain initially, so I add some black dots with of course a marker and that really tied it up nicely.  It is true for my eyes at least, that odd numbers draw in the vision.  Randomly placing the 3 black dots was such a good idea.  I think this would make a nice masculine card.  

See you later...


Altenew Products:

Here is picture of the card with artificial lighting



Joyce





3 comments:

  1. I like how this one turned out. It might be the colors are the diamond shapes, not sure but it appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card! I like the colours and the alingment. I think that this would look very cool if we alternate the diamonds or something. Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...