Thursday, June 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Shannon

Good Morning folks,
     Today, I am sharing a really cute and super, super easy and quick project.  I got the idea from Mema; who got the idea from watching a You Tube video.  If you go to You Tube and put in Envelope Card it should come up for you.  I try to make a unique card for each of my co-worker teammates for their birthdays.  Well, it is my good buddy Shannon's birthday month.  Happy B-Day mon ami!!!  She is an amazing individual, who will keep you smiling even when you feel like crying.  With that being said, her card had to be just as amazing and the envelope card is just that! To decorate the card, I used some Prima double sided paper from the 2011 Sparkling Spring Collection, the little green trim and the seam binding are from the local craft store the Crafty Scrapper, the leaves are Quick Kutz, the flowers are WOC, the tri-cycle die is Memory Box, the stamp set is SU called Bring on the Cake ( I think this one is still available).  The journaling insert border was made with a Cherry Lynn die ( I think it is the Anastasia Border). I left both the flaps apart to create the double pocket look with closures.  On the other side I put a gift card and made a velcro closure (tiny clear velcro closure from Wal-Mart).  On the back I fired up the Cricut and used the Storybook cart to make an "S".  All the paper is from my stash (the burgundy, white, and the light blue).  I hope you give it try, you're gonna love it!   Thanks for stopping by.


One side is the journaling insert

The other side is the gift card

Hugz from Me



2 comments:

  1. I came by today, and I just wanted to let know that I love quite a few of your cards posted. They are so neatly put together and has a feeling of elegance without being over done. Thanks for sharing your works.
    http://sweetpea1030.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice card! Love that bicycle die and how you added the "S" on the back--will have to put this on my list of things to try soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...