Sunday, June 23, 2013

Spellbinders Gold Elements Card

Happy Summer everyone!  Well, it's officially here...Summer; bringing a renewed spirit to make cards.  Family, friends, and fun for all (I hope).   I don't know what's gotten into me but I'm really enjoying posting every 2-3 days.    Previously, I mentioned that I was working on a another Debbie Stevens inspired card.  I absolutely love, love, love the SB Gold Elements (corners).  It was a little tricky figuring out how to get the cut on the paper.  I kept cutting out the entire shape as a single corner (urrrrrrh)!  Let me also just say, Debbie  must use a lot of paper for these cards; but they are amazing! so it's worth it.  Other supplies I used: of course Recollections (Michael's brand) white CS, Hobby Lobby cream CS, the purple-grey CS is from my stash (very old, so old it was faded around the edges).  The flowers are from my favorite place Wild Orchid Crafts .  The leaves are made with a Quick Kutz leaf die (not sure but I think this might be discontinued).  The green for the leaves came from one of those DCVW strip pack ( I think they are 2 x 12" strips of CS). I popped the main panel up with foam tape.   Gosh, if you have not visited Debbie's blog; I encourage you to do so-you will not be disappointed (maybe a little broke because you are going to want all the dies and embossing folders she used).   Here are a couple pictures of my finished card.


Although I did not, you could make the corners into pockets.  This would be a great idea for a wedding invite.


Hugz from Me
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...