Thursday, November 7, 2019

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019- Day 4

Good Day My Friends and welcome back to my blog.  It is Day 4 of Tracy McNeely’s The 25 Days of Christmas Tags hop and I am still hanging in.  The design teams are really puttin’-it-down for the hop!  There is no shortage of inspiration. This is really fun once you get a routine down.   My routine is to visit the site early in the morning check out the tags.  That gives me most of the day to think about a design.  I decide on a couple of tags and think about what I have in my craft room that I can use to make my tag.  If I have the stamp or die they used I’ll try to use that.  Most often I do not have the items they used, so then I go with whoever the sponsor was.  For example, for the first tag I did not have the background stamps used but I did recently purchase an Altenew background stamp (Pinstripe).   If I don’t have either…well that is just cause for shoppin’ in-deed!!! 
  
The sponsor today on the hop is UNIKO.  I have to say, I’ve never heard of them until this hop.  I plan to check them out.  The design team tags are crazy amazing!  They were all super good, no seriously ALL of them. It was kind of overwhelming…lol.   You know me, simple elegance, small statements speak loud; so I went with Wiebke Kommerell’s White PoinsettiaI love the white poinsettia on the kraft cardstock.  It almost looks like it is dancing across the tag…lol

I decided on a single Poinsettia as well.  My tag was made using some 110# Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock , Gina K’s Amalgam Black Ink, Copic Markers (listed below), a Recollections (Michael’s) stamp and die set “Christmas” ( I think this was a 2018 stamp set);  I did not use the die, and looped in some red and white polka-dot ribbon.  The greeting is from the same stamp and die set. I used my Tim Holtz Bigz Die to cut out the tag form.   

I used quite a few Copic Markers to color the Poinsettia.  I wanted to make it look like it was dimensional and coming off the tag, even though it is colored directly on the tag.  A couple of other things helped like: the artistry of the Poinsettia drawing.  There is a lot of detail but not too much that you get exhausted trying to figure out where a shadow would be…lol.  Another thing that helps is using the right type of cardstock for alcohol markers; especially, when you are going to lay down a lot of color.  I didn’t bother with putting in any drop shadows or trying to ground it.   I’m pretty okay with it floating in mid-air…lol…that is for you Mema.  Well my lovelies, that is it for me today (tonight).  I’ll catch up with yins again tomorrow. 
 
Copic Colors
Poinsettia Bracts: R89, R59, R46, R29, R27, R24
Cyathia: Y19, Y15, Y08
Leaves: YG25, G28, G24
And just in case you wanted to know a little more, here is a resource for information aboutPoinsettia (this page is a keeper). 



Joyce

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...