Sunday, November 10, 2019

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019 Day- 7


Greetings to All!  And welcome to day 7 of The 25days of Christmas Tags hosted by Tracey McNeely.   Today, my tag was inspired by Anglea Conrad who is designing for Sunny Studio. You can check out her tags here.  While all of them are so very cute, it was Tag set #4 that inspired me the most.  Most of the colours in that tag set are non-traditional…pink, light green, light blue.  I don’t think I’ve done too many Christmas projects in non-traditional colours so I thought I would take on the challenge.  OMGosh! And a challenge it was!  It was a challenge because I had to create many of the elements/items.

First, I did not have the base she started with, but I liked the look, so I had to create one, almost from scratch.  And so, it began… To make my base tag I used Spellbinders (SB) scalloped and classic squares.  I used my Stampin’ UP! (SU) retired “Mat Pack”  to do all the piercing. Yep! I pierced each hole.   I took some Recollections (Michael’s brand) blue/green polka-dot paper and attached it to some white cardstock to make it sturdy. I used my Cricut Maker to create my hat, mitten, and the little wave on the cap. I used a SU ¾” circle punch for the sentiment. The sentiment is from…you guessed it…JustRite Clear Christmas Mini Tags stamp set. I used some Altenew Sea Glass crisp ink to stamp the “Let It Snow” and popped it up with a pop dot.  To finish tag #7, I added Wink of Stella to the sentiment and the snowflakes on the mittens, placed a pearl in the center of the snowflake, punched a hole at the top, and added some 1/8” satin pink ribbon.  This tag took my most of the day, but that was because of trial and error before I got things the way I wanted.  I really like how it turned out.  Would I do it again…YES! It was worth it.  I will say good evening and I hope you can find the time to join in The 25 days of Christmas Tags.  Chat tomorrow.    Correct email: mepc99@att.net




Joyce

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...