Monday, November 11, 2019

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019- Day 8



Alrighty Party People, it is Day 8 of The 25 Days of Christmas Tags and we are moving right along.  Stop by Tracey McNeely’s Blog to see all the details; you can just click right here!  Today’s sponsor is Picket Fence Studios.  My inspiration for today’s tag came from both Erica Anderson and Lisa Henke.  Both of these ladies did tags with a rounded tops.   Click on their names to see their tags and show them some blog luv. 


I created a tag base using my Cricut Maker.  I cut the tag out on some #80 pound Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock.  I use #80 when I’m not going to use a lot of color. If I’m doing heavy colouring or laying down multiple shades of a colour then I used #110.  The image I got from Michael's.  It's a wood mounted stamp by Stampendous called Country Snowman, the number is M318. My alcohol marker of choice is COPIC! I don’t even own another type or brand of alcohol markers. This image had some pretty tight spaces so I used a couple of Sharpie Ultra Fine Tip Marks to fill those areas in ( red for the berry on the hat and brown for the tips of the tree branch). I got the Ultra Find tip markers in a 24 pack from Office Depot. 

In making this tag, I was really feeling the moment…I used “glitter”.  Oooh wee-wee I do not like glitter!!! But this tag called for just a little bit to give him some oomph (the struggle was real)…   The sentiment was made using a Sizzix Thinlits die set called Christmas Phrases and some (very) thick coarse glitter cardstock.  It was tough to cut, especially because the dies were thinlits but we sure gotter done! I used my Silver Jelly Roll pen and some Wink of Stella for the ban around his hat.  My little snowdude was just adorable until he got a smudge on his cheek (from his coal nose, eyes, or buttons). But it’s okay, the snow where I am is never pristine white anyway.  It’s always mixed with a little Texas dirt…lol.  So, that is it for tonight’s tag adventure.  We’ll holla at ya tomorrow.   Great news! Finally, e-mail has been corrected to my g-mail account.  All is good now.


Here is a close-up of the glitter I used to bring in some frost.

Joyce

4 comments:

  1. Hi Joyce! Always nice to 'meet' another Joyce, especially a crafty one. Love your wonderful tag and glittery sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at The 25 Days of Christmas Tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this one and the glitter was a good decision. The snowman is such a cutie...I need him.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...