Thursday, November 28, 2019

The 25 Days of Christmas Tags 2019- Day 24

1 DAY LEFT!

Yes, folks it is Day 24 of Tracey McNeely’s the25 Days of Christmas Tags.  And if you are like me, you are trying to squeeze in a tag between cooking, putting up decorations, and mapping out the plan for the after dinner Black Friday run…lol.   It is late here in Texas, but I am determined to see this hop through til’ the end!  So, let’s get going. Today’s sponsor is Heffy Doodle. This is the first time I have heard them.  Heffy Doodle is based in the UK.  I went to their site, very put-together.  They have select teams like the Instagram Team, the Video Team, the Blog Team and so on.  They also have cute stamps, stand alone dies, card kits, etc. and they will gladly ship to the U.S.

There was so much inspiration from the Heffy Doodle design team, I could hardly make up my mind.  Since it so late and I am just exhausted, I chose to go with something with quick and simple prettiness.  I took my inspiration from Lindsey, click here to see her tag. Lindsey has this abstract bubble snow falling-vertical snow drift going on(my interpretation).   Well, that was something I could do...the abstract imagine this type of tag.   I decided on the cold North Pole Winter Wind Blowing and Ice (lol). 

To make my tag, I pulled out my Tim Holtz mini stencils (Set #10, stencil # THMS032).  I used this one because it looks like the winter wind blowing.  I used Distress inks Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass to make the background.  Once the background was done, I used some double-sided adhesive (Elizabeth Crafts) as well as Elizabeth Crafts Silk Microfine Glitter-642 Cool Diamond and covered the tag.  This is supposed to make it look like ice.  I did the little tag first, then I realized that I did not have enough tag to do what I wanted, so I made the bigger tag and made the smaller tag the companion.  You can see more of the ice and wind on the smaller tag.  Both tag bases are made with Avery Elle Double Stitched Rectangles.  The snowflake cardstock is from my stash (could not find the name).  I used Tim Holtz's Holiday Words: Thin thinlit dies to cut out the message "Let It Snow". The letters on the small tag are from the negative space letters on the large tag.  The letters on the smaller tag are suppose to resemble falling snow (oh yeah, I was going there...).  I punched a whole in the top and added some Silver elastic cord.  Well, folks I gotta get back to preparing for Thanksgiving.  We’ll chat later.    HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE, I am thankful!   





Looks like the ice is starting to melt in the sun (lol)

This one looks really icy.

Joyce





3 comments:

  1. I just could not throw the letters away, I had to come up with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - that's exactly what I was hoping that stencil looked like! Honoured that I could help inspire these two tags. Thanks for joining us again at Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...